Note: This is a home collection test kit that will be mailed to you.Fasting Required:
10 Breath SamplesResults:
10-14 Business DaysTest Information:
1. There is a 24-hour preparation phase before the test is performed.
2. In the first 12 hours, dietary restrictions must be followed. The Patient must avoid all grains, fruit in all its forms, sugar in all its forms, dairy in all its forms, vegetables, nuts and seeds, alcohol and beans. Refer to the test kit instructions for permitted foods.
3. The last 12 hours is a fasting period. Only water can be consumed.
4. Included in the test kit is a packet of lactolose (Lactoluse Solution cannot be shipped to Canada) that is to be mixed with 4 ounces of water then set aside.
5. Collect a baseline breath sample before consuming the lactolose mixture.
6. After collecting the baseline breath sample, drink the lactolose Mixture.
7. 20 minutes after consuming the lactolose mixture, breath sample #2 is collected. Breath samples are collected every 20 minutes thereafter until all tubes are used. This kit requires a three hour collection.
*Lactoluse Solution cannot be shipped to Canada, however, it can be purchased over-the-counter at a pharmacy.Shipping Information:
Additional shipping fee of $20 for kits mailed to Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico.
Additional $25 shipping fee charged for kits shipped to Canada and Mexico.
All other countries $40.
Prepaid return shipping back to the lab is included for customers in Domestic US and Canada only.Description:
Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO) is a condition in which abnormally large numbers of bacteria - the types that are normally found in the large intestine - are present in the small intestine. When not functioning properly, the migrating motor complex (MMC) fails to effectively sweep intestinal contents into the colon during periods of fasting. This tests' 3-hour collection method reveals SIBO in patients with slow transit times.
As a result, the invasive bacteria interfere with healthy digestive and absorption processed, leading to unpleasant symptoms and chronic illness.Note: Result turnaround times are an estimate and are not guaranteed. Our reference lab may need additional time due to weather, holidays, confirmation/repeat testing, or equipment maintenance.